Thursday, October 9, 2014

Photog Thursday: Matt Marsh #photogThursday #coverphoto #coverpics #covermodel @matt_marsh

Welcome
Matt Marsh of Matt Marsh Photography
to Photog Thursday

Interested in something like this? Contact Matt Marsh Photography

Give us the lowdown on who you are... where have you been? What have you done? What makes you tick.
Matt Marsh, Full Time Professional Fitness Photographer originally from Cape Town. Used to be Crew for BA so travelled the world. My sweet tooth makes me tick, ensures I have my sugar fix! And the feeling of freedom working for myself, I am the Boss!

Interested in something like this? Contact Matt Marsh Photography

When did you first know you wanted to be behind a camera for a living? 
14 years old, got my first SLR

Interested in something like this? Contact Matt Marsh Photography

We all want to know how you find these sexy guys to take photos of... tell us the process
They find me! It's all about reputation! Something that is paramount in any business.

Interested in something like this? Contact Matt Marsh Photography

How do you get the models to give you what you want? Do you coach before the set of pics? During? Shouting out 'turn left, no your other left'?
Just coach during their set, if you call yourself a model then it's your loss if you can't model… it's like me saying I am a pro-photographer but don't know how to light you… I just wouldn't. We all have to start somewhere and coaching on set is always done.

Interested in something like this? Contact Matt Marsh Photography

What's the coolest location you've every photographed in? 
Unfinished Bridge / Highway in Cape Town

Interested in something like this? Contact Matt Marsh Photography

Do you love using digital medium, or are you nostalgic about the old 35mm?
I have only ever used film and digital and digital wins hands down I don't have the clientele to warrant medium format.

Interested in something like this? Contact Matt Marsh Photography

What was your first camera?
Minolta Dynax 3000i

Interested in something like this? Contact Matt Marsh Photography

Have you taken classes on photography? Photo editing software?
Nope! Self taught.

Interested in something like this? Contact Matt Marsh Photography

What's the best part of your job?
Being able to be me, no false smiles, no yes sir, no sir, 3 bags full sir, no uniform, all me! I apologise in advance if you catch me wearing crocs! That's me.


If we were to peek into your office space what items would we see that might surprise us?
Lots of baby oil gel… yuck! Hate the stuff but it has to be used!


Interested in something like this? Contact Matt Marsh Photography
Do you listen to music while you edit photos or doesn't it matter?
Nope! I have an editor.

What do you absolutely enjoy about working with models and authors for covers?
I've never worked with authors but the pride you feel when your image is on the cover of a mag is unreal…. especially when your 2 year old says "daddy work!"


Interested in something like this? Contact Matt Marsh Photography
Who do you have coming up on your schedule that we might be interested in?
Just a load more half naked men and women in gyms, location and studio…

What ONE item would you absolutely have to have on a deserted island?
My wife ( she's good to me )

Interested in something like this? Contact Matt Marsh Photography
Quick questions (one worders)
Chocolate or vanilla - vanilla
Morning person or night owl - night owl
can or bottle - bottle
wine or beer NONE
train or plane - Plane
Vegas or Disney World - Vegas
Modern or classical art - Modern

Where would you like authors and other interested folks to get in touch with you?
matt@mattmarshphotography.co.uk

Interested in something like this? Contact Matt Marsh Photography

Any traveling you'd like to promote?
Looking to be in Cape Town 1st feb - 28th Feb


All images are copyrighted by Matt Marsh Photography and may not be shared, used, changed, tampered with or otherwise posted without written consent of the photographer.

1 comment: