Thursday, October 2, 2014

Photog Thursday- Claus Pelz #photogThursday #coverphoto #photographer #bookcover

Welcome
Claus Pelz
to Photog Thursday

Photo and others like it can be purchased from Claus Pelz

Give us the lowdown on who you are... where have you been? What have you done? What makes you tick.
I was born and raised in Germany where I lived for the first 30 years of my live. Thanks to the internet I met my partner who lived in England at the time. A few months later I moved to England and a year later in 2005 we moved to Chicago. We’re still together and just got married last month. He has that bearded Middle Eastern look which I jokingly call the terrorist look, that’s my type.

When did you first know you wanted to be behind a camera for a living?
I actually don’t do photography for a living because I don’t want to depend on jobs that I may or may not like. I have the luxury to pick and choose what or who I shoot, the only problem is that my free time is limited.

Photo and others like it can be purchased from Claus Pelz

We all want to know how you find these sexy guys to take photos of... tell us the process
Facebook, My Space when people were still using it and other networking sites and referrals.

How do you get the models to give you what you want? Do you coach before the set of pics? During? Shouting out 'turn left, no your other left'?
I tell them during the shoot what to do. Inexperienced models are sometimes easier to work with than experienced models because they aren’t set in their ways and are sometimes more open to ideas. I’ve had experienced models try to tell me how I should do the studio lighting but I got that covered 

Photo and others like it can be purchased from Claus Pelz

What's the coolest location you've every photographed in?
I couldn’t pick one. I always like to shoot at the beach or in the city. Sometimes we get funny reactions in the city from people walking or driving by when they see a hot guy in underwear.

Do you love using digital medium, or are you nostalgic about the old 35mm?
I’m always up for the latest and greatest technology.

Photo and others like it can be purchased from Claus Pelz

What was your first camera?
Minolta X700

Have you taken classes on photography? Photo editing software?
I have never taken any classes. I learned everything through reading books, watching tutorials and by trying things out.

Photo and others like it can be purchased from Claus Pelz

What's the best part of your job?
There is always a certain energy in the air during photo shoots which Iike. Some people say “How can you even focus when you’re shooting such hot guys” but I’m always focused on getting the light, the pose and everything else right to get the perfect shot.

If we were to peek into your office space what items would we see that might surprise us?
Most likely nothing. I like to keep things clean, functional and organized.

Photo and others like it can be purchased from Claus Pelz

Do you listen to music while you edit photos or doesn't it matter?
Always! Sky FM, Pandora and my music collection is what I listen to.

What do you absolutely enjoy about working with models and authors for covers?
It’s fun to capture the human beauty and being able to turn ideas into photos. I do get creative in Photoshop sometimes but in most cases I prefer to go for a natural look vs. turning models into something or someone else. None of my photos have been used for covers so far but I have a 2014 Calendar out.

Photo and others like it can be purchased from Claus Pelz

Who do you have coming up on your schedule that we might be interested in?
Todd Morgan although we’re planning on doing a fitness shoot which isn’t erotic or romantic.

What ONE item would you absolutely have to have on a deserted island?
My computer!

Photo and others like it can be purchased from Claus Pelz

Quick questions (one worders)
Chocolate or vanilla Vanilla
Morning person or night Morning
can or bottle bottle
wine or beer beer
train or plane plane
Vegas or Disney World Vegas
Modern or classical art modern

Photo and others like it can be purchased from Claus Pelz

Where would you like authors and other interested folks to get in touch with you?
FaceBook- https://www.facebook.com/clauspelzphotography
Through my email claus@clauspelz.com
When I give out my phone number, I’d rather talk than text.

Photo and others like it can be purchased from Claus Pelz

Any traveling you'd like to promote?
I would love to do a shoot in Hawaii but I don’t have plans to go back as of now.

No comments:

Post a Comment