Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Tattoo Tuesday: Matt Zumwalt #tattooTuesday #sexytats #covermodel @katokid

Welcome
Matt Zumwalt
to Tattoo Tuesday

To purchase for coverart or other contact Eric Battershell

Give me four sentences that sum you up: what you do, who you are, where you've been... 
I’m a computer geek (Network Administrator) at one of the top 250 Engineering Consulting firms in the U.S.  I’ve been married for almost 17 years to my High School sweetheart Jennifer, and we have two amazing children: Morghan, she’s 15 and Carson, he’s 9!  I haven’t done as much traveling as I’d like, but the places I have been to are pretty cool (Cancun in High School; The entire West half of the US, including the bottom of the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, VEGAS, Mt Rushmore; Microsoft Headquarters in the Seattle WA area, Winnipeg Canada for a Folk Festival; Rothbury Mi for a crazy 3 day concert… some details are a bit fuzzy!; Ft. Myers Beach for my honeymoon, and last but not least (and most recently) Pittsburgh for a Bodybuilding Competition!
You know… now that I write it down I realize that I have done quite a bit of traveling lol!

What was your first tattoo?  Does it have meaning to you?
My first tattoo was the circular design on my lower back.  It’s a rough design that I had sketched out myself, so it does have my own personal touch, but there is no hidden meaning behind it… just a design!

To purchase for coverart or other contact Eric Battershell

Do you have any that you regret getting?
Haha, yes!  I regret that same tattoo on my lower back… not the design, just the location!

If you had to pick a favorite piece of ink, which would it be and why?
I absolutely LOVE the tribal design that spans my bicep, chest and stomach!  I don’t have any ties to any Native American tribe(s) through relation, but I really enjoy the artistic aspect of it.  The Tattoo Artist (Rob at Cactus Tattoo in Mankato, MN) free-handed the outline over a 4 hour period, erasing some lines and redrawing them to ensure they flowed properly with the shape of the muscles.  I felt he nailed it!  The rest of the tattoo was completed over a 4 and 5 hour session. Overall, the tattoo went very well, but being gnawed on for that long, it begins to wear on you.  The area near the arm pit and nipple hurt the most!  Ouch!
Lea Note: Um, I'm sure we will all agree that the ink is spectacular!

Do you have more tats planned?
Yes, actually it’s a continuation of the big tribal design.  I’d really like to give it more of a 3D effect… maybe do some shading to give it that extra “POP!”


Do you buy into tattoos being addictive once you start getting them?
Absolutely!

What's your life plans for the immediate future? Long-term?
Currently, I’m working with my Prep Coach, Coty Reutzel, for a photo shoot with Eric David Battershell in Ohio for 3 full days. I’m beyond excited for that! Lea Note: So am I!  Stay tuned for amazing new pics!  I’m also training for The National Championships in Miami, FL on November 21st and 22nd, 2014.  I really enjoy the friendships that both of these hobbies/activities have made possible… the support and knowledge that these people bring to the table is unheard of.  They are both masters in their own craft!  Ideally, I’d like to turn these two hobbies into a career.  The traveling is a lot of fun, and the modeling exposure has allowed me to meet some VERY interesting people… as well as some weird opportunities (that’s for a different interview lol) LOL Okay, I've noted it that I need to interview you again :)

What's something about yourself that most people don't know?  I love to play acoustic guitar and sing… a LOT!  I find it to be a nice way to relax.  I can often be found hiding in a quite empty room, or around a bonfire strumming/singing a new tune.

To purchase for coverart or other contact Eric Battershell


If you could go back in time and give your younger-self ONE piece of advice, what would it be?  Go to college and study EVERYTHING about the body (how it works, why it works that way, etc.), NOT computers!… you’ll be glad you did J  Sorry Dad, lol.

If you were a superhero, what would your power be? Your weakness?
This is a hilarious question because my son just asked me the same thing the other day.  My reply was… “The ability to convince anybody into doing what I wanted to do!  Mind-control!!!

Favorite TV show or station?
Breaking Bad… I just wish I didn’t watch the whole series so fast.  A very close second is “Generation Iron”

To purchase for coverart or other contact Eric Battershell

Favorite sport/activity to either participate in or watch?
Bodybuilding for sure.  The 50th Mr. Olympia is this September too.  Whoo Hoo  Go Kai Greene!

What was the first vehicle you bought?  My first vehicle was a 1985 Navy Blue Pontiac Bonneville that I bought for $800.00.  It didn’t have any dents, and it started!  … that’s all I cared about at the time.  I finally had FREEDOM!  I later repainted it black with gold hub caps… it only looked good when it just rained haha.  Oh the things we do.

What's your 'go to' comfort item (food, place, drink, etc)?  My comfort food would have to be Cap N’ Crunch cereal.  I know my mouth is going to be torn to pieces, but I can’t keep myself away from it!


If there were no $ or time limitations, where would you be right now and what would you be doing?  I’d really like to do something for the environment… possibly work on a crew that cleans up the Texas-sized garbage mass floating in the Pacific Ocean.  We need to take accountability for that and find a way to properly dispose of the contents.  We only have this one planet, and I think we sometimes forget that!

What one place would you like to travel to if you could?  Venice, Italy.  I mean, come on… water for roads?  How cool is that?!?

To purchase for coverart or other contact Eric Battershell

Do you enjoy reading? Who's your fav author, or your fav type of book (suspense, mystery, biography, paranormal, etc)? 
I’m an information sponge at the moment, so anything I read I want to be learning something.  No favorite author right now because my interests are all over the board.

Quick Questions:
Bottle or can?  Bottle
Chocolate or vanilla?  Vanilla
Salty, sweet or spicy?  Spicy
Muscle car or motorcycle?  MOTORCYCLE… hands down!!!
Morning person or night-owl?  Night-owl
Rollercoaster or bumper cars?  Rollercoaster


Where would you like people to find you?


Twitter? @katokid
Instagram? Katokid78

Any other shout outs you'd like to do?


FB pages?

All images are copyrighted by Eric Battershell Photography, Cory Wilaby Photographyand/or Matt Zumwalt. They may not be used, reposted, shared or otherwise transferred without writing permissions from the photographer AND the model.

2 comments: