Thursday, September 18, 2014

Photog Thursday: RLS Model Images and Photography #coverphotos #photogThursday

Welcome
Randy Sewell from RLS Model Images and Photography
to Photog Thursday


Photo can be purchased via RLS Model Images & Photography


1. Give us the lowdown on who you are... where have you been? What have you done? What makes you tick...
I've been a photographer since the age of 15, born and raised in "small town" Alabama. Small town guy with big city dreams! As a photographer I like diversity in my work and find myself being bored and burnt-out seeing the same concepts used over and over.  Every image should be it's own work of art. Hope you all enjoy looking at it thru my lens!

Photo can be purchased via RLS Model Images & Photography

2. When did you first know you wanted to be behind a camera for a living?
I picked up the camera at a very young age, I think I was 15 at the time. I started taking nature photos and pictures of my family. In my 20's people started asking me to do their photos, and the madness just continues.

Photo can be purchased via RLS Model Images & Photography

3. We all want to know how you find these sexy guys to take photos of... tell us the process
Most of them find me thru my page, if I need models for certain projects I scout them.

Photo can be purchased via RLS Model Images & Photography

4. How do you get the models to give you what you want? Do you coach before the set of pics? During? Shouting out 'turn left, no your other left'?
I first try to make the models comfortable in front of the camera. Most of the time it is like normal guys hanging out, one just happens to have a camera. I give the models direction during the shoot but always in a calm manor.

Photo can be purchased via RLS Model Images & Photography

5. What's the coolest location you've every photographed in?
There are many cool locations on my list. I think the abandon buildings are my faves.

Photo can be purchased via RLS Model Images & Photography

6. Do you love using digital medium, or are you nostalgic about the old 35mm?
Digital

Photo can be purchased via RLS Model Images & Photography

7. What was your first camera?
I am not sure if anyone even knows what a 110 camera is anymore.At 15 it was a great gift.

Photo can be purchased via RLS Model Images & Photography

8. Have you taken classes on photography? Photo editing software?
I have done some online training and been mentored by some great photographers. However I am mostly a self taught. Learning thru trial and error.

Photo can be purchased via RLS Model Images & Photography

9. What's the best part of your job?
Meeting so many people from all walks of life.

Photo can be purchased via RLS Model Images & Photography

10. If we were to peek into your office space what items would we see that might surprise us?
A wine rack, other then that it is pretty normal.

Photo can be purchased via RLS Model Images & Photography

11. Do you listen to music while you edit photos or doesn't it matter?
It depends on the mood I am in  that day

Photo can be purchased via RLS Model Images & Photography

12. What do you absolutely enjoy about working with models and authors for covers?
The creative process

Photo can be purchased via RLS Model Images & Photography

13. Who do you have coming up on your schedule that we might be interested in?
Lance Jones, and Paul Blake ..just to name a couple.

Photo can be purchased via RLS Model Images & Photography

14. What ONE item would you absolutely have to have on a deserted island.
I would have to have food, lol but hopefully my wife, and camera would be with me also.

Photo can be purchased via RLS Model Images & Photography

15. Quick questions (one worders)
Chocolate or vanilla- Chocolate
Morning person or night owl- both
can or bottle can
wine or beer -both
train or plane- plane
Vegas or Disney World -Vegas
Modern or classical art- both

Photo can be purchased via RLS Model Images & Photography

Where would you like authors and other interested folks to get in touch with you?
My Facebook page or email rlsimages@yahoo.com

Photo can be purchased via RLS Model Images & Photography

Lea Note: I sort of couldn't stop finding photos to share... so this needs to run a little longer. :)

Photo can be purchased via RLS Model Images & Photography


No comments:

Post a Comment