Saturday, September 20, 2014

Author Interview: N. Kuhn #authorinterview #spotlight

Welcome N. Kuhn



Buffalo Heat

by N Kuhn

Genre: Romantic Suspense

Tour Organizer: N K Author Services



Candace Banchetti is on the biggest case of her new career as a Buffalo PD. But rocking tiny outfits and stilettos isn't the worst part. She's not only a stripper, but the girlfriend to a drug lord's son. In order to keep her sanity, she needs this case to end and soon. Enter the guy that could bring down her case if she doesn't learn to control her hormones around him. 

Dominic Bartel despises his new nick name “Geek Boy”. Being undercover means he has to play the part until he gets the bust. Unfortunately for him, he wants Candace in his bed, the drug lord in jail, and for the severe case of blue balls to end. He's so close he can see the end of the line. But once the bullets start flying and her life is on the line, it’s time to stop pretending and get the bad guy...and the girl.

Author Bio
N Kuhn grew up in a small town in Western New York. Having spent her afternoons outside or with a book, she grew up with a love of reading and writing. Her mother and grandmother fully encouraged this in her. Many years later, after a husband and children, she made a promise to her dying grandmother to fulfill her dream of being an author. Her grandmother lived to see N's name in print. This was a turning moment for her. Driven by ambition and a promise made, she has since published several titles including the Mohawk Trilogy, Tucked In, Buffalo Rocker and the Tricks series.
N Kuhn has several other books that will be out later this year. When she's not writing, she runs her blog, bartends and promotes for other authors. Family and coffee are her two staples in life.
Check her out on facebook. http:// www.facebook.com/nkuhnauthor
Blog: http://nkuhnebooks.blogspot.com
You can also follow her on twitter @mrsnkuhn

Author Interview

Are you a plotter or a pantser, or a hybrid?
-Certainly a pantser. It’s hard for me to plot my books. My characters don’t seem to like how I want the book to read. SO they take it upon themselves to change the story as I’m writing it. 

In your opinion, what makes a great hero? 
-Loyalty, passion. I like writing men who make me laugh as I’m writing them. I want my guys to be the type that even if they are broke, they’ll give their woman the world, no matter what. 

Do you prefer strong women for heroines, or the ‘damsel in distress’ type?
-I like my ladies strong. A lot of them have been through a lot of crap and it shows in their personalities. 

Do you have anything in common with your characters? 
-Um, I like sex. 

What item, or items, is absolutely necessary to your writing mojo?
-Coffee, lots of it. Other than that, nothing special.

Do you have any rituals for writing or special locations that you prefer to inhabit when you’re writing?
-Hah, I wish. Most of my writing is done from the couch while my daughter watches the Disney channel. 

Right now, what items are on your desk that you’d be embarrassed to admit to?
-I may or may not store my toys in my desk

What’s the strangest (neatest, coolest, etc) thing you’ve ever done?
-Oh wow, I’m a boring person. There’s not much that’s super cool about me. Well, today I actually won a contest on the radio because I write books! That was pretty cool. I got 4 concert tickets because writing sexy books was something shocking that my children don’t know about me. That was fun! It was strange to be on the radio for all of Western New York to hear!

What is one place in the world you’d love to visit which you haven’t already been?
-Ireland or Scotland. I love Historical romances and accents. I love the history, the ruins, the lush green of it all! I would die a happy woman if I got to visit either of those countries! 

Do you listen to music when you write? If so, what type(s) do you lean towards?
-Sometimes, if my husband and daughter are in bed. It varies on the book I’m writing. With Travis, it was a lot of alternative rock. With Jacob, it was country music. With the Mohawk Trilogy, it was classic rock. I literally listen to everything, but Oldies are my fave.

 What book are you currently reading?
-Accidentally Yours by Lea Barrymire

Who are some of your favorite authors? 
-Milly Taiden, Anne Marsh, Opal Carew, Desiree Holt. They are all on my auto buy list!

What was your favorite subject in high school or college?
-Duh, English. I loved reading and writing book reports. Yes, I’m a geek. 

What are you currently working on, or what’s on the horizon?
-I’m finishing Bike Tricks and then moving on to Tucked In 3 

What do you do when you’re not writing?
-Crochet, lots of reading, playing with my daughter, you know.. mom stuff!

Quick Questions:

Coffee of tea?  -Both actually. I drink a lot of coffee in the morning, but the rest of the day, I drink tea.

Wine or beer? -Again, both lol. There’s some great local wineries here I love, but at the same time, nothing beats an ice cold beer. 

Beach or mountains? -Mountains. I love being in nature. 

Summer or Fall? -Fall. I enjoy wearing hoodies and jeans. I wish I could wear them year round. 

Pedicure or massage? -Massage. I have a thing about people touching my feet. Except my hubby.

Paper or plastic? -Um...plastic?

Cats or dogs? -Cats. I have 3 and they are my babies, just like my daughter

1 comment:

  1. N. is not boring, far from it. She also forgot to mention that she makes awesome graphics - a talented lady all around!

    ReplyDelete