Saturday, August 2, 2014

Lyme Disease and the Joint Pain #verybad #achy

I haven't been around much and I'm blaming it all on a tiny little bacteria called Borrelia burgdorferi. Yep. The little fuckers are mean and nasty. Supposedly this disease is only carried by ticks but I don't buy it. My infection started on my shin. Um. I would've seen a tick. Trust me. The ick factor on THOSE is pretty high in my book.

Anyway, went on antibiotics for a few weeks and then reacted to the meds with horrible joint and muscle pains. Typing hurt. Breathing hurt. Pretty much everything did. So, I did the only logical thing. Left my computer turned off.

After 4 days of being off the antibiotics I'm feeling better. The joints still ache but I don't feel like there are crushed glass shards ripping apart the soft tissue in my limbs anymore! :P

What does this mean for my writing schedule? Not much actually. I tend to keep my summer expectations low on the author front because I have all three spawn home with me. BUT, I will have exciting news very, very, VERY soon. A new series of sexy shifters? Oh, definitely!!!!

Kisses and hugs!
Lea

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about this. I live in an area with ticks and they freak me out.

    ReplyDelete