Thursday, August 14, 2014

Book Cover Photographer Thursday- CJC Photography #photogThursday @cjcphotos

Welcome
Christopher John of CJC Photography
to Photog Thursday
Photo available for purchase from CJC Photography

1. Give us the lowdown on who you are... where have you been? What have you done? What makes you tick.
My name is Chris (CJC Photography) and I’m from Boston, MA. I’ve been featured in over 50 magazines (fashion/fitness) 9 of which were covers and I currently have over 27 book covers either in production or currently released. I have been professionally working in photography since 2011 but it has been a passion of mine since high school.

2. When did you first know you wanted to be behind a camera for a living?
My passion for photography began in high school. I always had a camera with my everywhere I went. As I grew up that continued to grow and flourish.

Photo available for purchase from CJC Photography

3. We all want to know how you find these sexy guys to take photos of... tell us the process
For book covers, the author and I will go over the concept/theme of the book and what the male character looks like and embodies. Based on that I may suggest a guy I have already worked with or I will research on facebook or model mayhem. Sometimes, the author will already have the guy in mind as well.

4. How do you get the models to give you what you want? Do you coach before the set of pics? During? Shouting out 'turn left, no your other left'?
Before the shoot the author will provide me with examples of what they would like the shoot to encompass such as facial expressions and poses. I like to keep things as natural as possible. I give small posing critiques throughout the shoot but I don’t like it to look over posed. I show the model how the images are looking throughout so that they can get an idea of how they look.

Photo available for purchase from CJC Photography

5. What's the coolest location you've every photographed in?
This is a tough one… I would have to say one of the best locations I have shot at would be South Beach, Miami at sunset. Breathtaking to say the least.

6. Do you love using digital medium, or are you nostalgic about the old 35mm?
Professionally I have only used digital. I love being able to see how the photos come out as soon as I take them.


7. What was your first camera?
My first professional camera was the Nikon D5000 which is still the camera I use to this date.

8. Have you taken classes on photography? Photo editing software?
I took a certification program through the New York Institute of Photography and took an online program through Better Photo in PhotoShop editing.

Photo available for purchase from CJC Photography

9. What's the best part of your job?
The best part of my job is getting to do what I’ve always dreamed of since I was little. To see my images published in magazines and on book covers amazes me every day. I feel blessed to get to do this and work with such amazingly talented individuals.

10. If we were to peek into your office space what items would we see that might surprise us?
My office space is actually very simple: lap top and a notebook. I don’t like clutter.


11. Do you listen to music while you edit photos or doesn't it matter?
I can’t edit in silence. Whether I’m listening to house music or watching tv I need some type of background noise.  

12. What do you absolutely enjoy about working with models and authors for covers?
I love the entire process from picking a model, going over concepts, picking/editing the final shot and promoting the release of the book. To bring to life an author’s vision is truly rewarding.


13. Who do you have coming up on your schedule that we might be interested in?
I have a few book projects releasing in August and in September a book will be releasing that I modeled on the cover for. This will be my first time being a featured model!

14. What ONE item would you absolutely have to have on a deserted island?
My camera absolutely!

15. Quick questions
Chocolate or vanilla
Morning person or night owl (can I say both haha)
can or bottle
wine or beer
train or plane
Vegas or Disney World
Modern or classical art

 
Photo available for purchase from CJC Photography


I can be reached at:

Email: chris.correia9985@gmail.com


I’ll be headed to Miami September 1-3rd and Austin, TX October 11-18th. I’m currently scheduling photo shoots for both locations. If interested contact Christopher at chris.correia9985@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment