Monday, November 25, 2013

Author Spotlight- Anya Richards- 12 Days of #PreRelease #eroticromance

On the Fourth Day of Pre-release the author gave to me…
…Tattoos
(because she know I LOVE tats!!!)

And more than four, but more is always better, isn’t it?

The entire Unveils Seductions series started because of the Pricked series sub call from Ellora’s Cave. “Tattoos,” I thought… “Hmmm, I’ve always wanted a tattoo. What would I get?” *shakes head* That’s where it started, but it took a quick left turn after that, as my brain corkscrewed into thoughts like, “How would you tattoo a Fey? Or a god?”

And the Midnight Café was born… a tattoo parlor and hang-out spot in the world beyond the Veil. The next thing I knew, I was writing book four, Jaguar in the Sun, and still obsessed with the idea of the kind of tattoos the characters would have.

My hero Xbal isn’t tatted out yet. But he’s getting involved with a tattoo artist, so that might change… if she gets a chance to give him some ink. Might not happen though because she’s working her way through her bucket list and doesn’t have much time left. Cassandra has a number of tattoos, how many you’ll see in the following sneak peek, and most of them are in honor of her deity, Sol, the sun god. I imagined them as a variety of sun signs, a design I’m very fond of, strategically placed. For this post I cruised the web looking for designs I thought would be applicable and, because she’s modern woman, yet also very aware of the past, came up with a few.

The middle one would be very appropriate, since there is a Mesolithic feel to it, and the hero is a jaguar god from that era, and I liked the last one because it was whimsical and would go well with her red hair. As for him, well, I can’t see him doing anything without it having deep and lasting meaning, he’s a god after all, so I’ll wait and see if he decides to get one and let you know if it ever happens!

Please enjoy the exclusive excerpt below, and look for me around the web as I continue my Twelve Days of Pre-Release, leading up to the December 4th release! Tomorrow I’ll be at the Dirty Birdies blog, talking about sex magic…


Blurb:
Book four in the Unveiled Seductions series.
Cassandra Solinar has a bucket list and jaguar god Xbal Montegro is on it. About to undergo an essential rite she won’t survive, she wants to wring every ounce of pleasure out of the time left. Including discovering if Xbal’s sex magic technique is as good as rumored.
It’s no hardship for Xbal to accept Cassandra’s invitation for one erotic encounter, but far more difficult to let her go once he gets a taste of the explosive passion between them. Now he’s determined to hold on to her, no matter what.
Cassie can’t tell Xbal the truth about what she’s about to do. It’s illegal, but without her death the entire world will perish. It’s a job she’s been preparing for from birth, but the loss will be greater now. For in Xbal she finds a soul-deep connection she doesn’t want to lose, and the one thing she made a point of not putting on her bucket list—love.
A Romantica® paranormal erotic romance from Ellora’s Cave

Excerpt:
“I’ve watched you so often, wondering what your skin would feel like against my lips. Stood next to you, inhaling your sweet scent, wishing I could get closer, hold you, know you wanted me the way I wanted you.” He brushed his mouth in a soft, searing motion from the sensitive hollow beneath her ear down to the base of her throat. When he continued the words vibrated into her bloodstream, like a drug she couldn’t resist. “You’re everything I dreamed and more. So much more. You overwhelm me. Bring out the beast in me.”
Oh she wanted that beast, the one she heard snarling beneath the words, the one she was sure would take her body to heights she didn’t know it could reach. But she’d lost the ability to speak from the moment he’d begun this slow, inexorable seduction and her lungs had forgotten how to take in air or let it out in even, brain-sustaining breaths. All she was capable of were these short, desperate gulps rushing in and just as quickly back out. All she could do was stay still, letting him take whatever he would, surrendering to the overwhelming demand of his mouth.
He circled her neck with kisses and hot, tender flicks of his tongue, his hair brushing her cheeks and shoulders as he moved from place to place, the harsh rush of his breathing filling her ears and adding to the sensations.
Lingering over the sun sign low on the side of her throat, he murmured, “How many tattoos do you have?”
It was a mark of how far gone she was already that she had to force her brain to come up with the number. “Twenty-six.”
“I’m going to find and kiss each one.” He slicked his tongue around the tiny symbol, then continued. “And if I lose count, I’ll just have to start again.”

Anya Richards
Follow me on Twitter

Like me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment