Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Tattoo Tuesday- Adam Rowland

Welcome Adam to Tattoo Tuesday...


Give me four sentences that sum you up: what you do, who you are, where you've been...

Active Duty Air Force, Munition Systems Tech/AMMO Troop to put it simply I build bombs for aircraft, SSgt (E-5) currently stationed in Texas but originally from Connecticut. Stationed in Utah, South Korea, and Germany, been deployed twice (Iraq and Afghanistan). 

I'm a simple man with a simple dream to be happy. I am a sucker for a pretty smile and high heels.

Name is Adam "Big Row" Rowland



What was your first tattoo?  Does it have meaning to you?
First tattoo was a Celtic cross on my left shoulder. Got it done about 6 years ago when I was in tech school. It is a replica of the cross my grandmother wore for as long as I can remember before she passed. 


Do you have any that you regret getting?
Don't regret any of my tattoos


If you had to pick a favorite piece of ink, which would it be and why?
My favorite would be a draw between my two chest pieces. The clover with my last name and initials is all about family and how close we are and they are my everything. The other would be my CT outline with "Home is where the heart is" banner. I am from a small town but always carry my CT pride with me. In all my travels throughout the time I have been in I haven't met many people from CT so I'm always unique. I love to talk about my state and represent it to the fullest. Also I got it shortly after the Newtown, CT shooting. I live in a town just outside of Newtown and one of my dear friend's child was killed in the shooting so its also a memorial to them.


Do you have more tats planned?
I have a few in the works but I have a few select artists I like to work with and haven't had a chance to get anything scheduled with them yet. One simple script piece and a Banksy piece.


Do you buy into tattoos being addictive once you start getting them?
I don't believe they are addictive but I believe they change the way you look at them and at the world. After getting one you change your perspective on how to represent and remember things. You look at them as art and a timeline rather than just ink and skin. It allows you to capture things in a different way. Rather than taking pictures or writing people will get things tattooed as a representation. 


What's your life plans for the immediate future? Long-term?
I am settling down with my beautiful girlfriend (sorry ladies). I am planning on doing my 20 years in the Air Force and then getting out to hopefully open my own business.


What's something about yourself that most people don't know?
I am a twin. Also I love classical music.



If you were a superhero, what would your power be? Your weakness?
I think I would prefer to be a superhero like Batman, who doesn't have superpowers per se, but who relies on his intelligence and use of the right tools to get the job done. But if I had to choose one I think X-Ray vision because boobs (lol) and my weakness would be awesome boobs.
Lea Note: I laughed right out loud at this. I was imagining a super hero collapsing when a nice rack came too close. ROFL


Favorite TV show or station?
ESPN during the day and Comedy Central/Cartoon network at night


What's your 'go to' comfort item (food, place, drink, etc)?
Steak and whisky


If there were no $ or time limitations, where would you be right now and what would you be doing?
I'd just be out with my family and friends having a great time and enjoying life


Do you enjoy reading? Who's your fav author, or your fav type of book (suspense, mystery, biography, paranormal, etc)?
I do enjoy reading and have been recently reading a series by Chad Kultgen (average american male series). Great series!! and I am a huge Chuck Palahniuk (fight club) fan as well. 


Quick Questions:
Bottle or can?
Bottle

Chocolate or vanilla?
Vanilla

Muscle car or motorcycle?
Muscle car  I have horrible balance so I don't trust myself on a bike

Morning person or night-owl?
night owl

Rollercoaster or bumper cars?
bumper cars


Where would you like people to find you? FB? Twitter? Instagram? Email? Website?
Hit me up on instagram bigarow86  twitter -@bigrow86  or facebook


Any other shout outs you'd like to do? Websites? FB pages?
Shout out to all my other fellow serive members especially those serving in deployed areas -come home safe

Everyone else love your life and enjoy it - Love Peace Skeet and Cheese and me and my friends say

No comments:

Post a Comment