Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Tattoo Tuesday- Jennifer Tanner

Welcome
Photographer Jennifer Tanner
to Tattoo Tuesday

OK, you guys are probably asking me WHY I'm featuring Jenn... but it's because she's one of my favorite people right now. LOL She's the photographer that shot that beautiful pic of Jeremy Mooney that you can see on 'Angling for Love' AND I'm working with her for at least two other covers... so, meet Jen and say 'Hi'



In 4 sentences...
"I crave exploration, adventure and possibility. I become bored easily. I adore my family, my friends and my church. I'm not too proud to apologize, but I'm pretty sure I'm right."

What first interested you in photography?
"When I realized that I saw things differently through the lens..life looks so much clearer and more in focus. It's all about seeing the "truth" the "real."


Living or non living subjects?
"Working with people/models is just interesting on so many levels. Dealing with someone on such a personal and open level is a huge high. For some reason, people open up and become who they really are when I have a camera on them. I adore that! I do admit that travel photography is my first love, although, so much of my travel photography includes complete strangers in the frame...something about capturing a person in their environment."

Favorite part of working with people and taking pictures?
"Again, I have to say that it's the truth part. It's the telling the story thing that gets me. My favorite thing in the world is to catch a shot that actually tells a story. I love those moments when I go back through my work and find that "gem" that you can look at and immediately know that there's a lifetime of stories there with that subject."


Favorite medium?
"Digital! Hands down! Just so much more flexible."

Any tats?
"No, I don't have any tattoos personally, but I love them. Some of my favorite people have them. Ha! If someone loves something enough to make it a part of their body forever then you have to respect that."

Jeremy Mooney

Life plans?
"Wow! That's a big question..I'm pretty much living my dream right now. I'm so thankful for that. I just sit back in wonderment sometimes at the people that have come into my life and the opportunities that I have been given. It amazes me. I am an extremely blessed woman and I don't take anything for granted. What I want is just more of the same!! If I could spend three weeks out of the month traveling on an assignment I would be beyond happy."

Most people don't know...
"I'm pretty open...usually people know everything about me pretty fast! But, that's a loaded question...if there's something that most people don't know then I probably want to keep it that way."


Superhero power?
"I would love to be able to be invisible. I could really see the truth that way and wouldn't need a camera to do it. My weakness would probably be my desire to be in the middle of what's going on, which makes invisibility impossible."

Favorite TV?
"I usually don't even turn on my television unless it's for football games. I'm one of those girls that gets up on Saturday morning to watch ESPN Game Day...love me some Herbie! Give me a football game and I'm happy."
Steffen Hughes

Comfort item?
"Hmmmm...Italian food, tequila, favorite sweat pants."

If there were no limitations on $?
"I would be on the road all the time. I would see everything that there is to see and meet as many people as I could. The world is big, big, big place and it's full of fantastic people and beauty. I can't seem to get enough of it. Unlimited plane tickets, endless beaches, old castles, villages that are off the grid, street food, grand resorts...that's my dream."


Reading?
"I am a ravenous reader. Most of the time I have 3 or 4 books going at once and they usually have nothing to do with each other. I don't have a particular genre that I enjoy more than another. I do love Southern authors, tho...Pat Conroy's words are music to me. For the deeper stuff, I go for C.S. Lewis and Joseph Campbell. For spiritual and devotional material I read Tim Keller and John Piper and I read my Bible daily."

Beer
Chocolate
Muscle Car
Naughty boys...of course!
Morning or night??? Ummm, whatever I need to be on any given day!
Not really into roller coasters or bumper cars....give me a helicopter ride or a swim with sharks! That's more my style!

Everybody hit me up on Facebook or you can go to my website @ www.jennifertannerphotography.webs.com

Well, of course hit up Lea Barrymire! :p

No comments:

Post a Comment