Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Tattoo Tuesday- Cody Sky

Welcome
Cody Sky
to Tattoo Tuesday



I go by the name Cody Sky as a straight adult male talent. I also model and have acted in some small mainstream rolls. I was born in Montana and raised in the midwest moving around a lot. I used to work construction, roofing, and head cook jobs prior to moving to Los Angeles last year. My birthday was August 11th and I'm now 23. I draw, I used to bmx all the time, I've tattooed, I can scream/sing, and play guitar for hardcore/metalcore music. I'm now a huge fitness freak, and pursue to compete body building one day. 




Being tattooed has it's downsides. I have been turned down a lot of work especially in the midwest from my partial sleeves. The ones on my thigh were the first tattoos I ever did with a professional gun. California is different though, because tattoos are everywhere and more acceptable. The only thing that's set me back from more on camera time modeling and acting are my knuckles which say "hardcore" - music genre/the whole straightedge lifestyle I used to do but I'm in the process of lasering them off.


My first tattoo is the eagle head on my right shoulder with the small tribal linked to it. It was my 16th birthday in Sturgis, SD where I used to live once and my dad took me there. The man who tattooed me was part of a chapter of the notorious "Hell's Angels" biker gang. It did mean a lot to me, and it still holds that first memory today and the addiction to ink I know have. Thanks dad.



Besides my practice ink and the lettering on my knuckles I don't regret any of my tattoos, but at the same time I wouldn't of guessed in a million years I'd be doing what I am now in front and behind the camera. Just wish I would of waited is all.


My favorite tattoo so far is my great white shark on my left shoulder. It was completely different than what I asked for but it blended in with my flowers I drew underneath it as well. 

I do plan on filling in my sleeves. More machine work, evil skulls, ocean critters, and under the skin designs.



Do you buy into tattoos being addictive once you start getting them?
Yes, tattoos are very addicting. It's a sick disease that drives through your blood stream and screams more! Haha. 


What's your life plans for the immediate future? Long-term?
As far as my "life plans" go well, the sky is the limit and my time to shine is now. So I plan on only becoming more successful as a model and actor hopefully. One day have a band again. I'm always wondering where I'm going to be in the future and how I can make money for my family and I.


What's something about yourself that most people don't know?
I think most people know everything about me. It's what they believe is the truth that matters the most. I'm a simple kid. Ask me a question and I'll give you a straight answer. The mistakes, decisions, and choices I've made in life have gotten me where I am now and also taught me a lesson to use in life. I've always done what I needed to do to put bread on my table and survive, so there's no shame or regret in that.

If you were a superhero, what would your power be? Your weakness?
If I were a superhero I wouldn't want any fancy powers. I'd be more like a batman guy. Just kicking ass, and driving a blacked out tank that can fly lol. My weakness is gluten, oh gluten how I miss you. Ugh I'd kill for some pizza right now.


Favorite TV show or station?
I find myself on Comedy Central a lot or just Netflix watching horror films and comedies.

What's your 'go to' comfort item (food, place, drink, etc)?
My go to comfort food is really any healthy snack I can find. I recently got a majorly bad gluten allergy and had to change my life's diet. It wasn't fun either because of my weight training schedules. Smoothies, nuts and berries, cereal, or a classic milkshake are my favs though.


If there were no $ or time limitations, where would you be right now and what would you be doing?
Right now I'd probably be in Europe traveling everywhere and watching metal concerts, or hiking some mountain in New Zealand.

Do you enjoy reading? Who's your fav author, or your fav type of book (suspense, mystery, biography, paranormal, etc)?
I actually hate reading. My ADD kicks in and I can't finish two pages. I can read very well, and read fast. The only problem is I don't remember what I read basically. I graduated High School just fine but unless it's a manual, fitness magazine, or paperwork for business I pretty much don't read books.

Quick Questions:

Bottle or Can: Bottle
Chocolate or Vanilla: Chocolate
Muscle Car or Motorcycle: Muscle Car
Night owl or Morning Person: Morning Person
Roller Coaster or Bumper Cars: Bumper Cars (haha)


You can find me on Twitter and Instagram (where I post some of my own personal photography as well) @codyskyxxx

My Model Mayhem profile is www.modelmayhem.com/hxcvvolf

I'd like to shout out to any previous fans or people that are interested in knowing more about me. Sometimes it's nice to know that people care or are interested in hearing about you. I'd also like to thank my incredibly beautiful future fiance Ash Hollywood for being the most amazing girlfriend a guy could ever want. You're the best baby. Love you!

All images are copyrighted by D'Andre MichaelErick HerfsMak Cielo,and/or Cody Sky. They may not be used, reposted, shared or otherwise transferred without writing permissions from the photographer AND the model.

1 comment:

  1. Great ink and as a fellow metal head I agree I'd be spending my time floating around the world checking out concerts :D Great interview y'all :)

    ReplyDelete