Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Author Spotlight: Cynthia Sax

Welcome Cynthia Sax... and her hubby! 
Cynthia interviewed her husband about the joys of being married to an erotic romance author. Check out his thoughts and then check out 'He Watches Me', Cynthia's latest release.


Living With A Writer
Cynthia Sax and Hubby

A couple of weeks ago…

Cynthia Sax: I LOVE doing interviews. They’re like Cosmo quizzes. Every interview is different.

Hubby: (frowns) How come no one wants to interview me?

Today, I AM interviewing my wonderful hubby. We fell in love at first sight and, over 20 awesome years later, we’re still very much in love. He’s a salesman so please don’t use him as a model for the typical man. He loves to talk.

Hubby: (twists lips) I don’t talk that much.

Cynthia Sax: You get paid to talk, love. (the hubby grumbles something Cynthia Sax suspects she doesn’t want to hear) First question! What’s living with a writer like?

Hubby: I imagine it’s the closest thing to heaven on Earth. (Cynthia Sax rolls her eyes) By that, I mean every day is unknown. I never know where the adventures in your stories will take me today.

Cynthia Sax:  Do you help me with my writing?

Hubby: I’d like to think so. I’m a sounding board and a model for your alien characters. (grins) I’m the title brain stormer and the voice of reason in worlds based in fantasy.

Cynthia Sax: Ohhhh… that’s good (writes quickly) and don’t forget you help me with my plots.

Hubby: I was saving that for another question.

Cynthia Sax: There aren’t that many questions.

Hubby: (frowns) I thought this was a real interview.

Cynthia Sax: This is a real interview, a real short interview. (Grins at him. He grins back.) Are you the hero in my stories?

Hubby: So you tell me. I’d like to be one of your billionaire heroes.

Cynthia Sax: Maybe with this next book release. (laughs)

Hubby: (laughs also) You’ve been telling me that for 50 books.

Cynthia Sax: Some day it might be true.

Hubby: Only if we win a billion dollar lottery.

Cynthia Sax: I don’t think billion dollar lotteries exist.

Hubby: Neither do billion dollar book deals.

Cynthia Sax: True. (nods) Do you have a favorite character?

Hubby: Steve, the man-eating plant from Menage Lost. I can relate to a vegetable who talks.

Cynthia Sax: I’m not saying anything. (laughs) What’s the most bizarre conversation you’re ever had?

Hubby: Other than our discussions about imaginary billion dollar book deals?

Cynthia Sax: Yes, other than those.

Hubby: You mean like what we’d do during the zombie apocalypse and our debates about the sex appeal of werewolves versus vampires, that sort of thing?

Cynthia Sax: Yep. Last question!

Hubby: What do you mean last question? Don’t your readers want to know more about me?

Cynthia Sax: Sure, they do but you have to go to work. Someone has to pay the bills. (hubby grumbles) What advice would you give to other people living with writers?

Hubby: Get out now while you still have your sanity. (grins)

Cynthia Sax: (laughs) Be serious.

Hubby: Remember that patience is a virtue. Practice your listening skills and keep an open mind.

Cynthia Sax: (teases) Nothing like ending an interview with a couple of clichés.

Hubby: (shrugs, grin widens) You’ll edit them out anyway.

Cynthia Sax: Don’t count on it.

Hubby: I never do.

*********************

Title: He Watches Me

Blurb:
She desires to be seen. He wants to watch.

Anna Sampson has a naughty secret. Every night, she slips into her neighbor’s yard and swims naked in his pool. She fantasizes that the dynamic young billionaire watches her nightly nude aquatics, his brilliant green eyes gleaming with lust.

She discovers this isn’t pure fantasy. Gabriel Blaine has been watching her via his security cameras, and now that he has returned to L.A., he doesn’t plan to stop. That’s all he wants—to watch. Anna knows she shouldn’t allow him and she certainly shouldn’t want more, but she craves Blaine’s attention, needing his gaze fixed on her body.

Part One of The Seen Trilogy

Buy Link: http://www.amazon.com/He-Watches-Me-Trilogy-ebook/dp/B00CD36FS8

***

Bio:
Cynthia Sax lives in a world filled with magic and romance. Although her heroes may not always say, “I love you”, they will do anything for the women they adore. They live passionately. They play hard. They love the same women forever.

Cynthia has loved the same wonderful man forever. Her supportive hubby offers himself up to the joys and pains of research, while they travel the world together, meeting fascinating people and finding inspiration in exotic places such as Istanbul, Bali, and Chicago.

Author Website: http://cynthiasax.com/
Blog: http://tasteofcyn.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cynthia.sax
Twitter: @CynthiaSax

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for allowing my hubby and I to drop by your online home, Lea! (big hugs)

    Oh, and I just checked this morning and He Watches Me is still priced at a ridiculously low 99 cents. I know! That's crazy pricing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome interview, your hubby is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful interview. Your hubby is definitely a keeper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview! I love reading the conversations between Cynthia and hubby. They make my day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww... thank you, JK, NJ, Ashlynn, and Danica! (gives you all a big group hug). My hubby IS a keeper. He constantly makes me laugh and that makes every situation happier.

    ReplyDelete