Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tattoo Tuesday Featuring Shane 'Swift' Greer

Welcome my special inked guy of the week,
Shane Greer
I am so thrilled to share him with you all. Check out the ink, the interview and give him a shoutout. Thank him for his service while you're at it, and tell him Lea sent you!

My name is Shane "Swift" Greer and I'm 23 years old and currently serving in the USMC and have been since July 22, 2007.  I went to boot camp at MCRD San Diego and graduated there in 3rd Battalion Mike Company then went to SOI to train to become a 0351 "Infantry Assaultman".  After completion of SOI I was sent to 1st Battalion 4th Marines Charlie Company.  After a long training work up I was sent to Fallujah Iraq for a 7 month deployment.  I returned home to start another training cycle for my second deployment which was aboard the USS Peleliu on the 15th MEU "Marine Expeditionary Unit".  On this deployment we went to many different countries such as Guam, East Timor, Australia, Philippines, Thailand, and Dubai where I re-enlisted for another 4 years.  Once back from the MEU I received orders to 1st Battalion 9th Marines Bravo Company.  We deployed to Helmand province Trek Nawa.  I was attached to Battalion QRF "quick reaction force" for the deployment which was another 7 months.  I am currently stateside still with 1st Battalion 9th Marines Bravo Company.


 

What was your first tattoo? Does it have meaning to you?
My first tattoo was on my ribs. It is a big picture of the Death Bat from Avenged Sevenfold.  This one has some importance cause it was an agreement between me and a close friend of mine that we would get this as soon as I returned from boot camp which we did and of course Avenged Sevenfold rocks!


 
Do you have any that you regret getting?
Fortunately I do not have any tattoos that I regret just tattoos I learned never to get again but I wouldn't remove any of them as they all have their own story behind them.

Do you have any tattoos (hidden or something like that) that haven't been photographed?
Yes I have one tattoo that isn't visible because its on the inside of my lip saying "ouch".... I still don't know what I was thinking.
Lea Note: Umm, that had me cringing! Ouch is right.

Do you have more tats planned?
I have a lot more actually planned once I EAS from the Marine Corps.  I want my neck and hands done as well as my other sleeve and of course to get my current ones I have done either finished or small stuff added.


 
Do you buy into tattoos being addictive once you start getting them?
I don't cause it is not a drug of some sort but more of a hobby.  Some people collect stamps, bugs, and cars but I on the other hand collect tattoos.

What's your plans for the immediate future? Long-term?
 My future goals are to not live in a box on the side of the road not saying that's a bad thing if you do it's just not for me "just kidding".  I actually plan on getting out and going to college for graphic design and trying to open my own tattoo shop one day and enjoy my life to the fullest.


What's something about yourself that most people don't know?
Something about myself that most people don't know...  I like The Notebook that movie is awesome!
Lea Note: and all the ladies went awwww....

If you were a superhero, what would your power be? Your weakness?
If I was a superhero I would like it be along the lines of Spawn with all the chains and such and the costume is pretty sick.  My weakness would be women with tattoos.

Quick Questions:
Bottle or can?
Defiantly more of a bottle kinda guy.

Chocolate or vanilla?
I prefer vanilla over chocolate.

Muscle car or motorcycle?
I feel more comfortable on 2 wheels rather than 4

Morning person or night-owl?
Huge night person the daytime is just full of to many responsibilities.


Where would you like people to find you? FB? Twitter? Instagram? Email? Website?
You can find me on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/shane.swift.1238
Or email f0r5ak3n0n3@hotmail.com


Any other shout outs you'd like to do? Websites? FB pages?
I would like to thank Good Neighbor Tattoo in Escondido CA for the great work.NVS Ink Art Studio in Vidor TX

To everyone that has supported me in my decisions good or bad thank you all KCCO!!!

Last and most importantly a shout out goes to my beautiful girlfriend Kaitlyn for sticking with me through the good and bad times.  You're my world.
Lea Note: did you hear the awww again?! LOL

Thank you, Shane, for the awesome interview!

13 comments:

  1. Awesome interview! Amazing tats... Is the "OUCH" one of those you wouldn't do again, Shane? Gave me a little shudder...

    While I'm not American, I appreciate everyone who serves their country by joining the military. I always feels it's one of the most unappreciated jobs, the kind people wouldn't do themselves but feel compelled to deride. I appreciate you and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview! Love the artwork. It was nice "meet" you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice interview and much respect Shane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the wing tattoos and hell yeah for A7X! All of your tats look great, Shane.

    I'm also sending a huge fist bump your way. Thanks for serving our country. It's always a pleasure to learn more about our soldiers. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Diva is cruising by giving Jeeper waves! Great interview. Guys with tatts & bikes rock! Probably why I married one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone for the support and the ouch tattoo is defiantly one that I would do again lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. SHANE! Awesome interview, amazing tats. Thanks for the post, Lea!

    And huge fistbump for serving our country. I am humbled by your bravery, respectful of your commitment, so damned grateful that you're out there keeping me safe, and so full of pride in our servicemen that I get a little weepy at the thought. Be strong. Be safe. Be vigilant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great interview. My nephew is a Marine so you've got a special little place in my heart. Thanks for taking care of all of us civilians.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww!! Shane you just rocked it my book. I'm a HUGE Spawn fan....was always hoping they would do more with him as far as the movies went. OK...so I've geeked it out and now I'm leaving...love the tatts and I'll keep it at that since your not single :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved the interview and I'm all O_O over your tattoos. Do you zone out when you get them? *pain* Coming to find you on FB :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great interview and I'm loving the tats. Sorry, but I'm laughing some at the "ouch" tattoo, can't help myself. Do you sketch out the tattoos before hand, or just tell the artist what you want?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I usually do both unless I'm just craving one so bad then I just go in a pick flash off the wall

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome interview shaney bear! Ty for your service <3 u bestie

    ReplyDelete