Friday, October 19, 2012

Author Interview- Erin Simone


Welcome Erin Simone back to my blog for her newest book release. Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and check out the snippet. 




Tell us about your latest book. 
My new book Forbidden Realm was just released through Siren-Bookstrand.  The story is about finding new love, surviving loss, and heartbreak.  My two characters come from two different worlds and are both struggling from their own personal heartache.  But when their paths cross unexpectedly, the chemistry between them is sizzling.  They both struggle to resist what they feel for each other and I loved watching these two characters grow together.  I had a lot of fun writing this story and hope my readers will enjoy this story as much as I did writing it.        

 
Plotter or Pantser?
I am such a Pantser.  I would be lying if I said I outlined every story because I don’t.  My creativity works best when I let the characters tell the story.  I usually start with a general idea, and then I let the characters take the ball and run with it.  I've tried outlining a complete story and it slows me down. 

What makes a great hero?
I think a great hero is a protagonist that is brave and willing to take a risk even at his own personal expense.  He shouldn't be completely perfect either, having flaws and overcoming them makes the hero much more relatable.  I love to see a hero start off with certain issues inside himself, and he grows from them.  He also is passionate, desirable, brave and of course he must be sexy as hell.

Do you have anything in common with your characters?
I supposed I do without consciously thinking about it.  But it is not something I intentionally plan.  My characters come to life in my head when I write.   I am only observing it from inside their world, not mine. 

What item, or items, is absolutely necessary to your writing mojo?
Music is a must.

Coffee of tea?  Coffee please.

Wine or beer?  Wine.

Is there anything you won't write?
I write what I feel.  I do not put a box around it in my mind.  If it appeals to me and I think there is a good story there and it flows out of me, then I write it. 

What’s the strangest (neatest, coolest, etc.) thing you’ve ever done?
I was diving in Mexico and there were sharks in the water with me.  It was kind of freaky at first, but I got over it and I found it to be kind of cool.  Now granted, it wasn’t a Tiger Shark or Great White, but a nine foot Black Tip that is bigger that you is still kind of scary.

Do you listen to music when you write? If so, what type(s) do you lean towards?
Yes, rock, hip-hop, alternative, 80's. I'm all over the place when it comes to music. 

 Who are some of your favorite authors?
Laurann Dohner, Kresley Cole, Gina Showalter, Jade Black, and Larissa Ione. J.R. Ward to name a few.

What are you currently working on, or what’s on the horizon?
I am currently working on another vampire novel called Into the Shadows of Night which is the continuation of my Night Series.  I also just got signed with Ellora’s Cave for a seven book deal and my latest novel Whispers of Night will be released through them hopefully before the end of the year.

What do you do when you’re not writing?
I work in the legal field during the day and spend time with my family on my off-time.  I'm also a little bit of a social butterfly and love to hang out with my girlfriends when I can carve out a little bit of time.    

How can you fans find you on the net?
www.erinsimonebooks.com



ADULT EXCERPT
“What are you going to do with me?”
“Keep you here with me.” He placed both hands on the bed and crawled toward her. His eyes swept over her approvingly.
“Why? What do you want?” she breathed, already taking a guess as he inched his way toward her.
“I should not want anything from you, Mina.”
“Please stop,” she whispered faintly.
“Your scent is intoxicating to me. It’s strange, but I find myself inexplicably drawn to you somehow.”
“You’re drawn, to me?” Mina panicked. She felt her heart race and her pulse thumped loudly in her ears. Oh shit! Now what? The mysterious male crept forward, never taking his eyes off her.
“Yes. I desire you,” he replied in a husky tone.
He slowly pulled the material from her hands and she froze. He drew her down flat on the bed, hovering above her. She looked at him in shock, but for some odd reason she could not fathom, she did not try to resist him. There was something purely raw and masculine about him. He looked at her like no man ever had before. Why was she dropping her guard with him?
“Please don’t hurt me?” Her voice shook.
“Shh, do not fear me,” he murmured as he gazed over her parted lips.
“I’m trying not to, but you are freaking me out a little.”
“You are very beautiful, Mina,” he said softly. “You make me want things I have not desired in a very long time.” His mouth was tense, sensuous.
She pushed against his chest when it made contact with her flesh. Through his shirt she could feel the hard planes of his broad chest. Her nipples pearled, aching suddenly to be touched by him. The muscles rippled beneath his skin as they brushed against her swollen buds.
“Stop,” she whispered even though part of her didn’t want him to stop. “Don’t hurt me,” she whimpered, but still she did not push him away. He arched an eyebrow, lowering his mouth to hers.
“What I intend to do will not hurt,” his lips twitched in amusement.
Why am I not trying to fight him off? She was naked and this tantalizing male was hovering above her ready to devour her. She sucked in a breath when he spread her thighs and settled between them. A hot ache grew as explosive currents traveled through her body. She opened her mouth to protest as gentle lips brushed over hers. His breath was so sweet, it intoxicated her. He groaned softly as her lips parted and he captured her mouth with his. He deepened the kiss, stroking her tongue with his. She tugged his hair, tipping his head, their mouths meshing together greedily. He suddenly broke away from the kiss, his breath coming out harsh.
“Why am I doing this?” he whispered to her, pressing his lips into a tight line.
“I don’t know, but don’t stop.” Mina slid her hand around his neck and pulled his lips toward her again. The kiss intensified as his hands slid down her throat and he squeezed her breasts. A low rumble vibrated in his chest as he caressed her sensitive nipples. He leaned forward and captured one in his mouth. He sucked and licked. She threw her head back and arched toward him. His tongue set her body on fire with every caressing sweep. Her whole body shook when his hand trailed down her stomach and squeezed her inner thigh. She felt his heavy arousal pressed against her belly through his pants. It caused an immense, unyielding desire to come over her. She wanted, no, needed him. It was crazy what she was allowing to happen here. His mouth descended on her again, devouring her lips passionately. She ran her fingers through his hair, drawing him closer. His lips were relentless, leaving her panting and aching for more.
“Mina,” he whispered hoarsely against her throat as he ran his nose along her jawline. She felt a shock of pleasure. “I want you. Please tell me yes.”
“I…I can’t think.” She gave a shuddering gasp as his mouth covered her breast again and he sucked the rosy tip roughly. The sensation shot straight to her clit and she found herself rolling her hips against his erection. He growled against her damp flesh and she heard another moan escape her lips.
“Say yes.” He groaned in a deep, husky voice.
“Yes,” she breathed. She couldn’t believe she was telling him yes, but she could not fight her intense attraction to him. The hunger to feel him inside her was overwhelming.
He stood up and dropped his pants. She could see the outline of his cock through his black boxers. He was a big male all over. His large cock sprang free when he pulled them down his sexy thighs. He grabbed his shirt and pulled it over his head. She couldn’t help but admire the sight of him. His hard, flat stomach was lined with muscles, and a dark trail of hair descended from his chest to the impressive shaft between his legs. He leaned on the bed and crawled toward her like a predator stalking his prey.
Oh my, I can’t believe I’m doing this. Mina was too aroused to put up a fight though, as it seemed her body and mind were already on automatic pilot.
“Open your legs for me, Mina. I want to see all of you,” he ordered in a deep voice.
“Why?” She suddenly felt self-conscious and tried to sit up.
“I’m curious,” he murmured huskily.
“Okay.” She hesitated, biting her lower lip. Thracian slid down the bed, grabbed her inner thighs and pushed them apart. She laid back and closed her eyes. The room was bright, and it felt weird having him stare at her girlie parts so intimately. A low rumble vibrated in his chest, and she felt his hot breath inches above her.

No comments:

Post a Comment