Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Author Interview- Sue Lyndon


I had the great opportunity to interview Sue Lyndon about her newest release, Dark Without You.
 https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?ui=2&ik=5691e92f0f&view=att&th=138f305069f1ae1e&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_h5h2jdyh0&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P__uOcoXzKx8CdkB6WmdOsL&sadet=1344255698822&sads=g9b05SoUkRsb-DrDm5upZgPgW0c
Tell me a little about where your idea for Dark Without You came from.
About a year ago, I’d just finished A Firm Husband and Karyn and the Crigon and was setting out to write another spanking romance novella.  I’d already covered historical with A Firm Husband and fantasy with Karyn and the Crigon, and I was itching to write a contemporary spanking romance novella.  Dark Without You came to me in a writerly vision and the kinky shenanigans between Alice and Andy began.

What types of research did you do for both the story and the spanking/domestic discipline?
I’ve been reading spanking romances and bdsm erotic romances for years and years, as well as many blogs by people who participate in these lifestyles.  There are many different takes on domestic discipline and D/s relationships, but when I set out to write a story with these elements I simply include what works best for my characters at the time.  But the bottom line (pun totally intended) is that their relationship must evolve into a loving one full of trust and respect.

Who is your favorite character in the book, and why.
I would have to say Alice, the heroine, is my favorite character in Dark Without You.  She’s had a rough childhood because her parents died in a car accident when she was a teenager and she was then adopted by her emotionally distant brother.  Because of this, she’s rebellious and keeps people at an arm’s length, love interests included.  I love how Alice slowly begins to heal during Dark Without You, especially how she responds when Andy won’t let her get away with her self-destructive kind behavior any longer.

What was the best line, in your opinion, from the book?
Oh man, I can’t pick a best line…but how about a favorite excerpt?  Here it is:
Alice accepted another shot from Derrick and immediately felt someone’s hot breath on her neck. “That’d better be your last drink tonight, young lady.” Her stomach dropped to the floor. It was Andy. Of course it was Andy. Who else could turn her insides to mush with a firm command? 

The bus came to a stop just as she turned to face him. “You can’t boss me around anymore, Andy Steele.” She performed an elaborate toast in the air before downing the shot in one swallow.
The air sizzled between them as they remained locked together against the table, while the others filed out of the bus. Alice was spellbound under his disapproving gaze, but managed to stand her ground without looking down. 

He leaned forward to speak directly into her ear, as was his longstanding habit. “I wouldn’t be so sure, Alice Grove. I’ll be watching you.”

What scene was the hardest to write?
I don’t want to give too much away, but there’s a very emotional scene towards the middle of the book between Andy and Alice after he punishes her for something.  I must have double checked this scene a million times to make sure I had it perfect!

What is your favorite scene between the hero and heroine?
Hmm…well there is this naughty scene with a thermometer.  That’s all I’m going to say about it here, muhaha

If you could be any character in the book, who would it be, and why?
Oh that’s easy:  Alice.  A hot drummer who likes to spank is in love with her.  Enough said.

Now, why do you write spankilicious stories? 
The first erotic stories I ever read were spanking stories I found on the internet way back in the day.  I was like a kid in a candy store when I discovered those websites and newsgroups.  I began my writing career with science fiction and fantasy stories, but then one day I decided to take the leap and write a story like one of those spanking stories I loved so much.  I also enjoy reading and writing bdsm romances.

Thanks for having me today, Lea

Dark Without You is available on Amazon US, Amazon UK, Barnes and Noble, and Are.

2 comments:

  1. This was a fun interview, Lea! Thanks a bunch for having me:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I so enjoyed reading this book that I'm going to find some more. A tall blond drummer and a good spanking. Just what my weekend needs.

    ReplyDelete