Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thirsty Thursday- 3

I can't believe its Thursday already. Wow, this week has flown by. I had originally thought I would go with whiskey this week, but instead am voting for vodka. There are few times I get to enjoy drinking. I mean, really, by the time I get work done, dinner made, kids to bed and a little writing done I am usually wiped out. But if I'm in the mood to get a little silly vodka and cranberry is where I go.

Here are a few other fav drinks with that all important staple in anyone's bar:

Bloody Mary
Vodka 1 ½ oz
Tomato juice 3 oz
Lemon juice 2 dashes
Worcestershire sauce ½ tsp
Tabasco sauce few drops to taste
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Lemon slice or celery stalk garnish

 Black Russian
Vodka 2 oz
Kahlua 1 oz
Cream to top

Screwdriver
Vodka 1 ½ oz
Orange juice 6 oz

Vodka Sour
Juice of 1 lemon
Confectioners’ sugar ½ tsp
Vodka 2 oz
Orange slice garnish
Maraschino cherry garnish

Long Island Ice Tea
Vodka ½ oz
Gin ½ oz
Light rum ½ oz
Tequila ½ oz
Triple sec ½ oz
Fresh lemon juice 1 tsp
Cola to top
Lemon slice 1

Happy drinking! Next week I think I will venture off the beaten path and pick a liquor I haven't had much exposure to.    

No comments:

Post a Comment