Thursday, June 21, 2012

Revisit- Thirsty Thursday- 1

Where is all the bloody rum? Well, if Capn' Jack had some I am sure he would just drink it straight from the bottle, but I tend to be a little more refined. I like my rum mixed with something, over ice and in a tall glass. Last night inspired this morning's blog because I had nothing to mix my rum with and went looking for inspiration. The web is slam-packed with rum related drinks, but here are a few of my favorites.

Blue Hawaiian
1 oz. Light Rum
1 oz Blue Curacao
2 oz Pineapple Juice
1 oz Cream of Coconut (optional)

The Crimson Tide
1 1/2 oz. Pineapple Rum
1 1/2 oz. Rum
1/2 oz. Grenadine
Cranberry Juice

Great White
1 1/2 oz. Spiced Rum
3/4 oz. Vanilla syrup (like the kind used in coffee drinks)
3 oz. coconut milk
Dash of nutmeg

Heatwave
1 oz. Dark Rum
1/2 oz. Peach Schnapps
6 oz. Pineapple Juice
2 teaspoon Grenadine

Good ol' Rum and Coke
1 oz. Rum (any flavor)
8 oz. Coke 

There are so many others. I borrowed the recipes from Squidoo (http://www.squidoo.com/rumdrinks). They have all the letters of the alphabet and boy do I want to try each one.

So, what are your favorite rum drinks?

No comments:

Post a Comment