Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolutions... really? Not for me!

In reading another blog this morning about why the woman doesn't believe in yearly resolutions I came to understand my absolute resistance to them. I am a perfectionist, type-A personality, all around hard ass on myself. Why would I add more pressure to accomplish things that I obviously didn't have time or the patience to do on my own the year before? I spend enough time worrying about things already, I don't need more pressure.

So, in stead of resolutions I am going to make a single promise to myself this year. I will not spend the entire year freaking out because I didn't uphold the expectation of perfection. I am giving myself a pass this year. No need to make a list, post things on my bathroom mirror. I am just going to let it go this year.

Happy New Year's everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment