Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Music as a writing enhancer

I love writing to music. The music tends to lend emotion and continuity to my scenes. Sometimes I tend to listen to zen-like nature tracks. Those are useful when I am editing or writing tender moments between characters. The rest of the time I listen to metal, rock, alternative stuff. I usually don't plug websites, but Pandora Radio is a wonderful place to create your own radio stations. So, I have three. One of them is nature/piano music, one is based on heavier stuff like Rob Zombie, and the third is alternative music.

So, what are my favorite songs to write to? I actually do have a set of songs I love to write to, but anything along the same lines works. Here are some of my favorite tracks:

Control by Puddle of Mudd
Colors by Cross Fade
Keep Away by Godsmack
Zombie by Cranberries
More Human than the Human by White Zombie
Make Believe by Korn
Tear Away by Drowning Pool
Immortality by Seether
Dead and Bloated by Stone Temple Pilots
Face to Face by Sevendust
Polyamorous by Breaking Benjamin
Where I want to Be by The Veer Union

What types of music tickle your creative side?

No comments:

Post a Comment